Yesterday it struck me that I was entering into my twenty-first year of homeschooling. I mean, I knew that, but still. Twenty-one years. Twenty-one. Years.
I felt the need to share this great discovery, so I poked my head into my daughter's 'secret spot' behind the extra large recliner.
"Hey!" I said, "This will be my twenty-first year of homeschooling!"
She flung out her arms a la Mrs. Doubtfire and said, "Congratulations! I should make you a cake."
Yes, you should.
(Please note: The child was serious. Sarcasm is not her gift. That belongs to another member of the family.)
In honor of the year, I have decided to blog about about homeschooling. I meant to start a blog on this topic several years ago but never got past registering a domain name. I was busy.
I have too much to say. My first attempt to write a post traversed great cerebral distances, but I was unable to corral a single topic, instead producing much valuable unpolished fodder for deep and moving contemplations on many worthy musings. So I gave up on that.
Instead, here's a question for you, Dear Reader, to ponder.
What do you want to know? About homeschooling, that is. Ask.
Please be patient if I do not reply immediately. My twenty-first year of homeschool will not be my last. Plus, there is the laundry.

No comments:
Post a Comment